Monday, January 09, 2006

Monday Mourning

Well, first day without Mike, we shall see how it goes. I figure it will be a little less interesting around here, and a bit less inappropriate :)

Weekend was good, saw The Producers saturday night, and it rocked. If I had to describe the movie in ONE word, I guess the word would have to be "gay", and I mean every conceivable definition of the word. I mean, it's a movie musical about a broadway musical called Springtime for Hitler...yes, it's as strange as it sounds.

During the previews I saw the preview to a new M. Night Shamaylan movie called Lady in the Water that looks pretty interesting...actually they preview it as "A bedtime story, by M. Night Shamaylan". Maybe this bedtime story won't keep people up at night like that kid from The Sixth Sense. Hopefully he will skip his obligitory plot twist this time and focus on the story-telling...his last movie was a bit too transparent.

I spent the rest of my free time this weekend playing Final Fantasy IV Advance. It is precisely 153% as good as I remember it, that is to say, stunning, even after 10 years or more. If Square really wanted to torture me, they'd release FFVI. It just doesn't get much better than FF4 and 6...to me anyways...but I am old school like that.

No comments: