Thursday, August 10, 2006

Freudian slip, or worse?

Sometimes there's a subtle but HUGE difference in things you say, and things you *almost* say. For example, a few minutes ago I was in the breakroom here at work, and feeling particularly mischieveous, so I turned to a friend and jokingly said "I'm about to brew a double pack of REGULAR coffee into the decaf pot." , thinking that it might be funny to watch the decaf drinker tweak all afternoon

Innocent enough, right? What almost came out of my mouth was: "I'm 'bout to double dutch that decaf pot!" I don't even know what that means but it sound exceptionally dirty, and illegal at work. Supposing I had in fact double dutched the decaf pot I'm sure we would have been greeted by a sign or a staff meeting tomorrow in which the phrase "There is to be no double dutching of the decaf pot during business hours" would be used.

Somebody hold me, I'm scared...

No comments: