Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Bump-Bump-Chik!

I came to a realization this past weekend in the middle of our jam session: I wouldn't make a very good drummer. It's not so much that I don't have rhythm, because I can play guitar over a drumbeat just fine, it's just that my drumming sounds something like 17 metronomes clicking in unison at different beats. I can't possibly be expected to sit down with 9+ THINGS in front of me that make noise when you hit them with wooden sticks, and NOT try to hit everything in one single swoop. Generally when I sit behind drums, I do about as much hitting myself as I do the drums. So many more jokes could be made about my drumming, but I don't have the words for all of them right now, so the remainder of this post will be expressed in the form of a 15 minute guitar solo during our next jam session.

...and speaking of "solo", the phrase from this past weekend is "I was leaving room for a bass solo!"

No comments: