Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Arrrr Matey!

I've been lousy at updating this blog, I have no excuses except lack of time and effort...so here goes...

Kayaking trip is coming up pretty soon, which should be really fun. I'm considering wearing a pirate hat and flying a skull and crossbones flag, but I'm afraid that won't inspire fear in anyone, especially since a kayak bears little resemblence to, say, a schooner. Maybe that's too grandiose an idea, I should just focus on the simple things, like getting 21 people there on (something that vaguely resembles) time. Since the opinion in this group varies greatly on what is considered "on time", this should be challenging enough.

I plan on taking a camera on the trip, pictures will certainly be posted afterwards...that is, if I don't lose my arms in a horrible kayak accident involving a Igloo cooler and a double sided oar. I'll hope for the best.

To recap the high points of the last few weeks:
1) Work has been, well, frantic, for lack of a better word. We were in a situation where our ability to solve a particularly difficult problem had a direct bearing on whether we flew our guys out to start implementation. By our powers combined, we prevailed, and they are implementing right now. That's why we come back here.

2) Mike's birthday was fun, or rather, it was fun to watch him get completely blasted. Watching him weave from point A to point B was rather amusing, they don't make a pathfinding algorithm that quite describes it. Watching drunk Twister was amusing as well...I can't play that game sober, so I didn't participate. Perhaps the funniest part of the night was watching Birthday Boy take a backwards tumble through a closed & LOCKED door moments after shouting "CARPE DIEM!" The kicker? He NEVER touched the floor, which is quite a feat sober, but was absolutely awe-inspiring in the state he was in. The only casualties of the night was the door, a poker table, and the stock of liquor at the bar.

3) I bought a 19" LCD monitor for home. It rocks. That's all I will say.

Back to the fun...

No comments: