Monday, July 10, 2006

Another Happy Birthday

So the events of this past Saturday night were pretty much the same as the events of Mike's birthday night, except that I could see straight on the way home (no, I wasn't driving in either situation).

Funny situation from Saturday night: 5 people go in one vehicle, all ordering drinks at the bar, and midway through drink #4, we make the following realization:

How are we getting home tonight? We didn't really follow proper designated driver protocol, did we?

Fortunately the question was answered several hours later.

The band was very good, though I will admit I would rather have the guitarists guitar and amps sooner than I'd like to see the band again. They did do some interesting music, and some interesting medleys as well. How one band can go from Funky Cold Medina to a medley consisting of Paradise City and Sweet Home Alabama eludes me, but it kept the energy (and volume) in the place pretty high, so a good time was had by all.

Fyi, every day since the kayaking trip has been a total blur; if anyone can remember anything that has happened, please let me know :)

No comments: