Friday, May 05, 2006

Cinco De Mayo

...or as we know it: another excuse to go to a Mexican restaurant, eat lots of chips and salsa, wear a sombrero, and drink too many margaritas. Not that there's anything wrong with any combination of those 4 things. Tonight should be fun, we are doing those exact 4 things while watching/listening to an 80s band. Let's recap for those that didn't get that joke the first time through: mexican restaurant, 80s band. How many margaritas will it take for that to make sense? Of course, the answer is 1 if they do it right (most mexican places do). Maybe the band will at least wear sombreros to make things feel a little more normal, or play some heavy metal mariachi music. I'd pay upwards of $3.50 to see that.

This past weekend, while visiting a friend in Florida, I made an interesting discovery in a Publix restaurant that should make lovers of energy drinks everywhere join hands in song: they now sell Red Bull in 12 packs. Now if they would start selling Sobe No Fear (my personal favorite) in 12 packs, I might be in trouble...but damn would that be a fun, sleepless 2 weeks. Also worth mentioning is that in Florida, they sell Mountain Dew Amps in a 16 oz can. Yes, moutain dew + energy drink + double size (did I mention we didn't sleep much this past weekend??).

So, to close a loose end that I might have left open a few posts back about being The Punisher at Dragoncon this year...I've decided to give it a try. Now I'm trying to put on some muscle as phase II of my New Years resolution (yeah, I expect to get funny looks from people about that phrase). I'm eating at least 250 g of protein a day, which makes it difficult to find myself hungry when the next meal time comes around.

We shall see how this goes...

Can someone please speed up time for me???

No comments: