Monday, May 08, 2006

Cinco De Mayo: The Aftermath

4 things I will never do in the same 18 hour period of time again, ever: work out, drink, sleep 5 hours, help someone move from a 5th floor apartment. As the saying goes, Saturday morning I felt like I had been dragged up a proverbial flight of stairs and dropped back down...twice...and I still had the moving to look forward to.

It was fun though, albeit random. The original cinco de mayo plans began to fall apart exactly 5 minutes before they even began to coalesce, so we did what we are best at: improvising. We had a blast though. There were drinks, then there was laughter....then there were more drinks, followed by a considerable amount of stumbling. After that, there was a security checkpoint, complete with a pat down, pole dancing, a wet T-shirt contest, more drinks, and a pool table, where I was part of a winning team and I didn't get a single billiard anywhere close to a hole. Apparently after I left, there were more drinks, but I don't think I could have hung around to see it.

By Saturday evening, it was time for something less intrusive to our health, so we did what we've done many times before: meet, gawk at Oblivion for 10-15 minutes, eat, watch a movie, get coffee. I actually ordered decaf that night, but in retrospect, I don't think a solid gram or two of caffeine in my system would have kept me from sleeping like a rock that night. I went to sleep at 12 and didn't move until 10 Sunday morning..but I felt like a million bucks yesterday.

Enough about my weekend...I'm sure there are more interesting things to talk about.

No comments: