Saturday, February 25, 2006

Headlines

Yes, it's been a while...no, I don't have a logical excuse. I would make up something neat, but I'm not THAT good a liar.

I read the following headline on a cheesey tabloid in the supermarket last night:

'Them Thar Hills' Discovered

Give that a minute to sink in, then read it again. I would attempt a theory, but there's not enough coffee in the house.

Finished Lewis Black's book Nothing's Sacred recently, and I highly recommend it to anyone who's a fan. Right wing conservatives might be offended, so don't say you weren't warned. It's as close to a autobiography as I can imagine, as well as being painfully funny. Also, recently, I finished The DaVinci Code which was excellent as well. I look forward to seeing the movie. I'm currently looking through all my books to decide what to read next, perhaps a philosophy or religion book, I haven't decided yet. Any suggestions can be posted in the comment section.

Got our dragonCon tickets this past week as well, this should be fun. Do an image search for "dragoncon" and you'll see what I mean. I thought I was a huge fan of the fastasy/sci-fi genre, apparently I was gravely mistaken.

It's rainy, cold, and gray...a perfect setting for, well, a horror movie. Hopefully I won't be part of one today while I help a friend carry a bed to her apt.

No comments: